BCoN Report to Offer National Agenda for Biodiversity Collections Research and Education
The Biodiversity Collections Network (BCoN) will release its new report, Extending U.S. Biodiversity Collections to Promote Research and Education, at 9:00 AM eastern time on April 4, 2019, at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.
You are invited to this event to learn more about this important report and what it means for science and society. The report is the outcome of a series of workshops and stakeholder conversations that BCoN has held over the past four years. Scientists familiar with the report have expressed enthusiasm for its recommendations.
This event is free and open to the public. Space is limited. Individuals confirmed to attend this briefing will be notified by e-mail by April 3, 2019.
Location: National Press Club, 529 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20045
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Date: April 4, 2019
Briefing participants include:
- Dr. John Bates, The Field Museum of Natural History
- Mr. Andrew Bentley, Biodiversity Institute at the University of Kansas
- Dr. Linda Ford, Harvard Museum of Comparative Zoology
- Dr. Robert Gropp, American Institute of Biological Sciences
- Mr. David Jennings, iDigBio
- Dr. Anna Monfils, Central Michigan University
- Dr. Barbara Thiers, New York Botanical Garden
- Dr. Jennifer Zaspel, Milwaukee Public Museum
Registration is required. Sign up here to attend or to receive a copy of the report: